New features for a test run31 Jul 2012
There are some new features to test out on our git repository (master branch). They are mostly related to how videos are handled but also background job queue is implemented and some refactoring done, including removal of SQL backend. Any feedback is appreciated before pushing out a new release.
Improvements on video support13 May 2012
Jesper was on a vacation and by tradition this means some news for KPhotoAlbum as well. This time he was hacking together some improvements on video support - and a lot of things under the hood. On visible side it is now possible to select the frame to be used as video thumbnail and while hovering over a thumbnail a few frames from the video are cycled over to give better idea what the video is about. Less visible improvements include e.g. new background tasks manager. It sure is great to see Jesper busy on improving KPhotoAlbum once in a while.
KPhotoAlbum 4.2 released31 Mar 2012
We are happy to announce a new release of KPhotoAlbum. The major changes including stability and speed improvements were described when announcing the release candidate 2. After that only a few minor changes were made.
You can get the KPhotoAlbum 4.2 from KDE mirrors.
Release candidate 2 of our next release is available on KDE FTP site.
Changes since the release of 4.1.1 include the following:
- Rewrite of ThumbnailView with speed improvements, pre-loading and background thumbnail generation.
- ToolTip on ThumbnailView is activated only if mouse is not moving.
- Updated documentation.
- Copy-paste of tags from one image to the next one.
- RAW workflow improvements on speed and functionality. Use embedded thumbnail if available in decent size, open the RAW file in RAW editor instead of the developed JPEG, search for only RAW files.
- Rating images with number keys 0-5.
- Annotation dialog and search improvements.
- HTML export improvements.
- Option to skip symbolic links when detecting new files.
- Multi core CPU improvements.
- Plenty of crashes fixed.
- Usability improvements.
Working on new release of KPhotoAlbum20 Feb 2012
We are working on a new release. New features are frozen and the current GIT master should have all the features to be expected on the release. Some more bug fixes should be done before the release. We are planning on providing a release candidate soonish before the final release, but there is no date set for that.
There has also been a major change in the forces behind KPhotoAlbum. Jesper has decided to step back and has left a huge gap for other people to fill. We want to thank Jesper for his great work in producing the best photo cataloguing software known to exist!
KPhotoAlbum has moved to git28 May 2011
KPhotoAlbum's source code is now stored in KDE's git repository instead of SVN. See The instructions on how to check KPhotoAlbum out from git