Second preview of KPhotoAlbum 4.5 ready
June 23, 2014
We are now getting close to KPhotoAlbum 4.5. Today I just made a snapshot available, please test and give us feedback. Download the new version
This version also comes with a much improved android client available from google play.
The following is likely a non complete list of changes since KPhotoAlbum 4.4:
- New Feature: Added an Android client, which can display images from a running KPhotoAlbum on the desktop
- Bugfix: find thumbnail even for short videos (Thanks to Christoph Moseler for identifying the problem, and sending an initial patch)
- Enhancement: Implemented the Page-Up and Page-Down keypresses to select the previous and next image in the annotation dialog
- Bugfix: Fix image import for kim files with external images.
- Bugfix: Fix crash when reading .kim files.
- Enhancement: Updated HTML darkJS theme
- New Feature: Maintainance->sort all by date and time (With this command, you don't have to worry about stacks, locked images, or similar)
- Bugfix: Prevent thumbnail progress bar from showing idefinitely when no MPlayer is installed.
- Enhancement: Make thumbnail cache readable by all users. (This makes sharing a kphotoalbum database actually possible.)
- Enhancement: Implement caching for thumbnail files.
- Enhancement: Recalculate md5sum when image is changed by kipi-plugin.
- Bugfix: Mark database dirty when images are deleted.
- Enhancement: Run without video thumbnail/length support when mplayer is missing.
- Bugfix: Don't try creating thumbnails for images not on disk.
- Enhancement: Use cached QImage instead of invoking KIcon::pixmap on broken files
- Enhancement: Add --info to script/kpa-backup.sh.
To compile the desktop version, you need to ensure that the Qt4 version of QMake is found. For me it worked like this:
cmake . -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/qmake-qt4 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/test make make install /tmp/test/bin/kphotoalbum