New Date bar28 Dec 2004
Over the last month I've worked hard on a date bar showing statistics about images, and also helping navigating wrt. dates. I'm pretty done with the date bar itself now, and is now working on integrating it into KPhotoAlbum. This is what it looks like
New snapshot available07 Dec 2004
- A search bar at the top of the browser
- Tokens (press a letter in the viewer, and that will be an item of that category)
- An option have been added to automatically show the thumbnail view when the number of matches during browsing gets below a given count.
- Searching for new images can be disabled during start up, this will make start up faster.
KPhotoAlbum 2.0 released18 Oct 2004
Eight month of coding and waiting are finally over, KPhotoAlbum 2.0 has today been released. The new version contains a lot of improvements and speed optimizations. Below I'll highlight a few of the improvements, the full story can be read from the ChangeLog file.
- The most noticeable change seen from the users point of view are KPhotoAlbum's new plugin structure, code name
KIPI. The plugin
structure has been created together with the Digikam and Gwenview team. Our three application now shares a common plugin structure,
which makes it possible to write a plugin which works with all three application.
The 2.0 release has been postponed a number of due to KIPI not being available. It is so now, but the port of the old digikam plugins are not completely done yet, though a beta version is available. See the KIPI page to learn about available plugins.
- It is now possible to not only share your images with your friend, you annotation can also be shared using the new import/export functionality (Who is on the image, where is it taken etc). When generating HTML pages, an export file will automatically be created, making it as simple for your friends to get your annotations, as clicking on this link. See the documentation for details.
- KPhotoAlbum 2.0 has two important optimizations over KPhotoAlbum 1.1. First the image configuration dialog loads much faster, and second images in the viewer are pre-loaded, which makes the viewer much more snappy to work with.
- It is now possible to sort list box items in the image configuration dialog.
- It is now possible to sort the image by date using "Images->Sort Selected By Date and Time"
- It is now possible to start a slide show from the thumbnail view.
- Shortcuts can now be configured for the viewer.
- The toolbar can now be configured.
- It is now possible to find images where only a set of items are on (e.g. only me, and no one else)
- It is now possible to hide the labels in the thumbnail view.
- Thew viewer now contains a zoom out to full view function.
- An automatic category has been created, which displays the directory of the image, making it semi possible to browse based on directory.
- The editor for image comments now has an on the fly spell checker.
- Scaling of images are now done correctly, which gives much smoother thumbnails.
- Panning now works in the viewer.
- Fixed utf-8 encoding description in HTML pages.
- Fixed tab order in the image config dialog
New website for KPhotoAlbum17 Oct 2004
KPhotoAlbum's website has now been upgraded, so it is much nicer, and hopefully
easier to navigate. Thanks to Marc Cramdal (bonolebonobo-ifrance-com)
I'm still searching for someone to run the daily maintenance, so if that is a job for you, please contact Jesper.