KPhotoAlbum 5.10.0 released
March 28, 2023
We're happy to announce the new release 5.10.0 of KPhotoAlbum, the KDE photo management program!
The ChangeLog for this version is as follows:
- View-related actions formerly found in the "Settings" menu were moved to the "View" menu.
- Make options "Display Labels in Thumbnail View" and "Display Categories in Thumbnail View" reachable via the "View" menu and allow both actions to be assigned keyboard shortcuts (Implements: #145346).
- Store the untagged tag information inside the index.xml file instead of the Settings (Implements: #461206).
- Change scroll direction in the annotation dialog's date edit fields to match common (western) expectations and the date picker.
- Prevent scrolling past the occupied areas of the date bar.
- Files are now always created with group read/write permissions (Fixes: #438128).
- When exiting the demo mode, the demo database is now always saved if it isn't deleted.
- CMake: 3.18
- Qt5: 5.15
- KDE Frameworks: 5.78
- Improve readability of "Show Tooltips in Thumbnails Window" tooltip.
- Fix image selection order for newly added images (Fixes: 442325).
- Improve date bar behavior when zooming the date bar and changing views (Fixes: 357237).
- Default shortcut for "View" images was removed.
Pressing "Enter" to open the viewer is now the preferred way. To restore the old behavior, reassign the shortcut via "Settings | Configure Keyboard Shortcuts...".
Thanks to everybody having contributed to this release! The authors were (according to git log and in alphabetical order):
- Christophe Giboudeaux
- Tobias Leupold
- Luigi Toscano
- Johannes Zarl-Zierl
Have a lot of fun with the new version!