KPhotoAlbum 5.9.0 out now!
September 04, 2022
It's been a while, but now, we're happy to announce the brand new release 5.9.0 of KPhotoAlbum, the KDE photo management program :-)
The new version includes (from the ChangeLog):
- Bugfix: Fix crash when forgetting to select images upon import (Fixes: 445404)
- Bugfix: Fix faulty assertion when video thumbnail files cannot be written (Fixes: 446258)
- Bugfix: Remove incomplete URL encoding of non-ASCII characters in HTML export (Fixes: 452458)
- Bugfix: Fix crash when reimporting deleted files from a .kim file (Fixes: 444792)
- Bugfix: Fix multiple issues identified by code analysis tools.
- Deprecation: Tip of the day feature was removed because it is no longer supported by KDE Frameworks.
- Enhancement: Generic file metadata (size, last changed date etc.) can now be viewed via the Exif metadata dialog.
- Enhancement: Support other video backends (libVLC, QtAV) in addition to Phonon.
- Enhancement: Add volume controls to video player.
Thanks to everybody having contributed to this release. The authors were (according to git log and in alphabetical order):
- Nicolás Alvarez
- Yuri Chornoivan
- Albert Astals Cid
- Pierre Etchemaïté
- Nicolas Fella
- Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
- Tobias Leupold
- Jesper K. Pedersen
- Snehit Sah
- Ömer Fadıl Usta
- Johannes Zarl-Zierl
- Henner Zeller
Have a lot of fun with the new version!