KPhotoAlbum 5.6 released
We're pleased to announce a new release of KPhotoAlbum, the KDE photo management software!
This release particularly brings huge performance improvements when tagging a large number of images and performance improvements for thumbnail view. Kudos to Robert Krawitz for again diving into the code and finding places for optimization and removal of redundancy!
Additionally, this release adds support for KDE's purpose plugin framework.
Other changes (from the ChangeLog):
- Change: Don't build with remote interface by default. The companion app has not been available for Android for a while now. This feature will either be removed in the future, or the Android app will be re-published.
- Bugfix: Make theme files translatable (Fixes #406144).
- Bugfix: Prevent invalid tag id in index.xml when renaming tags under some circumstances. When invalid ids already are present in an index.xml file, automatically repair if possible, or alert the user that manual repair is needed. (Fixes #415415)
- Bugfix: Deeply nested tag groups are now displayed correctly in the tag groups settings page.
- Feature: Show newly added tagged areas in the annotation dialog's fullscreen preview.
- Feature: Add filter to thumbnail view, allowing filtering by token or rating.
- Feature: Make it possible to hide the search bar and the filter toolbar.
Thanks to everybody who put work in this release. The git log lists the following individuals:
- Yuri Chornoivan
- David Faure
- Robert Krawitz
- Tobias Leupold
- Jesper K. Pedersen
- Jonathan Riddell
- Johannes Zarl-Zierl