KPhotoAlbum 4.7.2 released
July 30, 2016
We are pleased to announce the new release KPhotoAlbum 4.7.2 of the photo management and tagging application for KDE.
Version 4.7.2 will likely be the last release of the 4.x series, which depends on KDE 4 and Qt 4 libraries (of course if we don't find some severe problem). We will now mainly focus on the KDE Frameworks and Qt 5 port of KPhotoAlbum (of which the first beta release will be done soon, it already works quite fine!).
This release only contains bugfixes and usability improvements, no new features or big changes. So, everybody is encouraged to use the new version. From the ChangeLog:
- Bugfix: Fix building without KIPI.
- Bugfix: Annotation dialog: Fix up/down key if there's a single match for an entered string.
- Enhancement: Tag names are now matched word by word against all parts of the search string (using the Search dialog).
- Bugfix: Prevent duplication of special categories when updating to dbv7.
- Bugfix: Don't exclude "Z" when filling the "Tokens" category for the first time.
- Bugfix: Overall fixes of assertions.
- Change: Dropped compatibility with libkipi < 2.0.
This time, Johannes Zarl-Zierl and Tobias Leupold contributed to the code, but also thanks to the users that reported bugs and/or proposed patches! Keep on doing so :-)