KPhotoAlbum 4.1 released
October 25, 2009
KPhotoAlbum is now a reality with many improvements and bugfixes over the 4.0.x series. Special thanks goes to Hassan Ibraheem and Miika Turkia who have made a large contribution to this version, and also to Wes Hardaker, Franck Sicard, Matthias Fussel, Thomas Pircher, and Bart Visscher who all have contributed with patches.
Try it out
New Features and major improvements since 4.0
- Reworked the browser completely
- Reworked the thumbnail view so it no looks much better
- When AnnotationDialog is called with multiple images, show selected only shows also partially selected items. Thanks to Hassan Ibraheem for patch.
- Added support for a copyright tag on the HTML generated pages (Thanks to Miika Turkia for a patch for this)
- Added new theme for HTML pages which includes improved support using java script. (Thanks to Miika Turkia for a patch for this)
- Speed up browsing of categories with many sub categories. This took browsing from the order of magnitude of half minutes to a second.
- Made it much more explicit when done tagging images (Now there is a show untagged images category)
- Added support for searching by rating.
- Now it is possible to add a category image from a context menu, which makes that process much faster (this fixes bug #195023). Thanks to Thomas Pircher for the work on that.
- Now it is possible to chose the thumbnail storage format from the settings dialog (ppm files which we used by default are pretty large, so on limited disk space you may wish to choose jpg instead to trade some speed for disk space. (thanks to Franck Sicard <email@example.com> for a patch for this)
- Add a keybinding for delete in the viewer that will take the image of the display list. This is useful when comparing a number of images and want to take the worst one away every time to find the best one. Thanks to Wes Hardaker <firstname.lastname@example.org> for a patch implementing this.
Bugfixes since 4.0
- Invoke external application for multiple files did not work. Thanks to Miika Turkia for a patch for this.
- The HTML generator did not display the available themes correctly. Thanks to Miika Turkia for a patch for this.
- Changed default shortcut for copy from previous image in the annotation dialog to Alt+insert, as control+insert was eaten by the line edits, and the shortcut did thus not work when they had the keyboard focus.
- fixed bug #192385 - it was not possible to hide items in the annotation between sessions.
- fixed bug #186807 - no cancel button in "create own database dialog"
- New images was not correctly inserted into the exif database (thanks to Bart Visscher for a patch that fixes this.) Please rerun "Maintainance->Recreate Exif Search Database" to ensure your database it working again.
- Somehow the XML database can get a file loaded twice. As a remedy until we find the real bug, we will ignore the new files when they are loaded from the database. Thanks to Franck Sicard for a patch for this
- fixed bug #186708 - Tokens can not be access from the annotation dialog
- The remove token dialog was broken second time it was brought up.
- fixed bug #167045: add ENTER as search dialog tag auto completion key. Thanks to Hassan Ibraheem for the patch for this.
- fixed bug #165742: ListSelect blanks out when typing an initial letter that does not match. Thanks to Hassan Ibraheem for the patch for this.
- fixed issue #196095 - Add icon for hide non selected. Thanks to Hassan Ibraheem for patch.
- fixed bug #171517: Repopulate categories lists whenever an image is loaded. Thanks to Hassan Ibraheem for patch.
- fixed bug #197107: Generated HTML pages have empty theme name and theme author.
- Added support for rating multiple images at once in the annotation dialog.
- Improved focus handling in the annotation dialog
- Resizing the category overview page now is done without the actual thumbnails, that makes it much faster and much more smooth
- Fixed bug #150971 - disable too low zoom levels, thanks to email@example.com
- Fixed bug #199629 - new images don't trigger dirty state, thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed bug #201116: kphotoalbum crashes when trying to remove image without deleting from disk
- To move items around in the thumbnail viewer, you now first have to select them, then move them. This makes it so much easier to select items, as you do not have to find an empty space to start.
- Show the file list directly in the Read Exif Info dialog. Previously it was a secondary dialog, with a do-not-show-again checkbox and a cancel button (none of those two made any sense there)