Competition: Make the coolest KPhotoAlbum demo video and win $100
May 12, 2009
Years ago I got the idea to record some demo videos for KPhotoAlbum, you can see them on the video section of the homepage. Despite how informative they are, they are getting outdated (for one thing they are using the old name for the application - KimDaBa - all the time).
Today I therefore launch a new competition to record the coolest demo video for KPhotoAlbum, and everyone can participate. The prize is $100 (payed using paypal).
- The competition ends on Sunday June 14th 2009, 23:59 CET
- Once the competition is over, everyone from the KPhotoAlbum mailing list gets one vote (details on voting is mailed later)
- To participate, you must upload a video on youtube making a showcase for KPhotoAlbum, one of its features, a way that you like working with it, or whatever you think would be useful to newcomers of KPhotoAlbum.
- The video must be recorded using KPhotoAlbum 4.0 - please mail The KPhotoAlbum mailing list if you have any problems installing that version.
- Also, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org a short description of the video.
- All videos will be linked to from the video section of the homepage
- You may submit as many videos to the competition as you like
Some technical hints
You are completely free to choose your styles, resolution, etc, but for the video to be useful to most users, I suggest:
- Keep the length of a video to at most 5 minutes
- Limit the resolution to 800x600
- Make sure to speak loud an clearly
- English is the preferred language, both for GUI and voice
- Write a script before recording, so you know what to do
- I found that the application recordmydesktop was a nice tool for recording such a video.