KPhotoAlbum 3.0 released
December 31, 2006
It is with great pride that I here on the very last day of 2006 can announce the release of KPhotoAlbum 3.0
Major new Features
- KPhotoAlbum is now capable of categorizing and showing videos.
- Sub-categories are now shown as hierarchies in the browser and in the annotation dialog. In the annotation dialog it is possible to put an item into a sub-category simply by dragging it in there.
Minor new Features
- In the annotation dialog, it is now possible to scroll the list of selected items, but pressing arrow up and down.
- While typing in the annotation dialog, hide items that does not match the current typed text.
- In the viewer it is now possible to use mouse wheel to scroll to the next/prev image.
- Now it is possible to specify the icon size in used in the browser - esp usefull for showing larger images for persons in an icon view.
- It is now possible to use the search bar in the main window, when showing folders.
- The checkboxes in the annotation dialog are now tristate, which means that there are no need for the "merge" and "remove" checkboxes.
- Ensure every action's keybinding in the viewer is configurable
- Warn the user at start up if not all features are installed.
- New splash screen.
- It is now possible to bring up the exif dialog from the viewer.
- New option to show categories in the thumbnail view. Now it is also possible to set tokens directly in the thumbnail view.
- Show mega pixel in info box, and zoom factor in viewer.
- It is now possible to see the images in pixel by pixel mode.
- Selection using the shift key and mouse button was broken if selected spanned several pages.
- Improved the selection handling in the thumbnail viewer.
- Changing the label for an image in the annotation dialog did not result in the label being updated in the thumbnail view.
- When renaming a category also rename the category thumbnails.
- Fixed a crash happening when saving after a category had been renamed, and that category was included in the privacy settings.
- Use alternate EXIF reading code in case EXIV2 is not installed.
- Bugfix: The panes in the annotation dialog would not show up correctly in translated version of KPhotoAlbum.
- Translated version of KPA would display image dates in English, but expect month input in the translated language. This has now been fixed so it expected input in English too.
- Somehow running the viewer always forced it to show in a new window, that was definitely against the design.
- Searching for description did not work.
- Improved support for the flickr plug-in. Now tags are correctly uploaded.
- Finally nailed down the bug where the annotation dialog did not show the first image preview.
- Directories only show the filename part now in the browser category directories.
- Fixed problem with windows layout not being read correctly if any category name contains non-latin1 character.
- In the settings dialog you were asked if you really wanted to delete a category. Despite your answer it would be deleted nevertheless.
- Renamed Persons to People and Locations to Places.
- Save configurations of special categories (should they be shown in the viewer etc).
Special Thank you
I'd like to bring a special thank you to the following people:
- Christoph Moseler for numerous bug fixes and feature enhancements (among other support for setting tokens in the thumbnail view).
- Clytie Siddall for helping out with the English text.
- Baptiste Mathus for lots of bug hunting
- Henner Zeller for support in the viewer for showing mega pixels
- Mark Jaroski for improved support for the flicker plug-in.
- Robert L Krawitz for improving the video detection, and for the pixel by pixel feature